Mold usually thrives in wetter areas, and some types of homes are more prone to developing them. Since it is quite common in many places, mold remediation companies and mold removal products are getting more and more popular with homeowners nowadays. Mold remediation is a process of determining large-scale mold growth inside your home and containing or eradicating it.
Mold develops when there is moisture in a home. One type of common mold is the growth that develops in between ceramic tiles. You can say that the process of putting bleach on the grout and wiping it off is DIY mold remediation.
If you are searching for mold remediation in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, or home restoration services, you must check first if you need it in the first place. Here is a list of a few things to take note of to know whether or not it is time to contact professional mold remediation services.
When is Mold Remediation Required?
- Is your house humid or tightly insulated? Excessive humidity in a home can result in condensation and cause molds. Certain types of insulation create a fertile ground for molds and mildew to grow, which makes eradication very difficult.
- Identify if you have actual mold growth in the house. You can usually find black spots that grow into larger colonies, and you may smell a musty odor generally in dark, damp areas in the home. However, there are times that mold is not seen, so you have to be wary if there is actual growth around the house because mold is harmful once it is left untreated.
- Is the space affected by the mold growth in your home bigger than 10 square feet? The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that any moldy surfaces and areas that are less than 10 square feet can be remediated through by the homeowner, however beyond that may require the intervention of mold remediation companies.
- If you discover the mold infestation early on, that you can treat it easily with household cleaners. However, if the infestation and growth seem to be quite extensive, consider calling mold remediation in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. DryTech 24/7 is Florida-based remediation, restoration, and rebuild service provider and sanitation experts that can contain and remove mold from affected areas without contaminating nearby places or spots.
- Do you suffer from allergies or other respiratory-related diseases? Some molds are incredibly toxic, while different, less dangerous molds can cause allergic reactions, sneezing, and runny nose. If you are quite sensitive or have compromised health, mold remediation can be a crucial decision to make, and it might be the time to hire or employ mold remediation in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
DryTech 24/7 technicians are certified and trained to contain and eliminate mold from affected areas. You may contact DryTech 24/7 for mold remediation assessment to inspect moldy areas and to recommend cost-effective solutions for the house, office, or other establishments.