Air pollution has been a constant threat to the environment and people’s health. The prolific presence of thousands of companies, businesses, and vehicles in the state has negatively impacted people’s lives. When people talk about air quality, what comes to mind is outdoor air pollution. Apart from this, haze or smog, or belch from cars and vehicles, is usually associated with air quality. However, even the air inside homes and offices can also be intensely polluted. This reality makes residents wonder if there are quick ways to improve indoor air quality in South Florida, given that air pollution is rampant, not just outside but also inside the homes.
What is Indoor Air Quality?
Pollution is rampant; that is why the reduction of air pollutants is crucial for the environment and our health. The air quality within and around buildings and homes is known as indoor air quality or IAQ. Conversely, outdoor air quality talks about the overall condition and quality of the atmosphere outdoors. Good IAQ is essential as it affects a person’s health, comfort, and overall well-being. Better IAQ means the health of occupants residing in a house or a building is not a risk.
Certain air pollutants can be found inside your homes such as formaldehyde, radon, lead in house dust, fire-retardants, and even volatile chemicals. Some contaminants are also present in the fragrances in conventional cleaners that you use. When new items or furniture are brought inside the house or when you repaint your walls, air pollutants are introduced to your home.
Here are some quick ways to improve air quality in South Florida:
- Make clean floors a priority – using a high-quality vacuum cleaner to suck up dust and dirt in your carpet and floors is crucial. Mopping also helps reduce the dust left behind. Using a floor mat also keeps out chemicals, dirt, and other pollutants. Since allergens and chemicals accumulate in your floors, mopping and vacuuming areas and even furniture in the home can reduce the concentration of chemicals, dirt, toxins.
- Manage humidity in the home – molds and dust mites accumulate in the house due to moisture. Keeping a healthy level of moisture will keep these allergens under control. Using a dehumidifier is also helpful in the reduction of air pollutants in your home or office.
- Make sure air filters are clean – your air conditioning system helps ensure that you have optimal temperatures all year round. However, in the process, they accumulate air pollutants and filter them. There comes the point where air filters are filled and may be inefficient in doing its job. So make sure that your air filters and even vents are clean to avoid any costly repair.
- Use natural air filters – homeowners and other businesses feel that advertised indoor air quality products are the best options. However, these products may contain chemicals that may affect your respiratory system or worsen your allergic reaction. Some plants purify the air naturally, such as pothos, spider plants, and sansevieria. You may also use beeswax candles and salt lamps.
- Seek professional assistance – The average residence can collect up to 40 pounds of dirt, dust, and allergens in the air ducts. Respiratory conditions may be aggravated when these particles and pollutants circulate throughout the house upon using your heat or air conditioning.
Professional service providers are equipped to do not just installations, but also repair HVAC systems and conduct vents or ducts cleaning to better improve your indoor air quality.
Those are just some of the quick ways to improve indoor air quality in South Florida. The importance of indoor air quality cannot be stressed enough because IAQ affects a person’s productivity. Low air quality has been linked to impaired learning in schools. Respiratory diseases are also common when your IAQ is poor. It has also been identified to be the cause of sick building syndrome.
Sick Building Syndrome
In this condition, people who live together in a home or a building suffer from common symptoms such as eye itch, runny nose, throat irritation, fatigue, headache, dizziness, and nausea.
Sick building syndrome is frequently linked or pinned down to problematic or poorly maintained heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Home AC service providers can be employed to deliver professional services to address your air quality problems in your residence or building. These service providers can help ensure healthy indoor air quality standards are met.
Perhaps one of the quick ways to improve your indoor air quality in your South Florida home or office is to seek help from experts. We offer HVAC services to provide home air conditioning solutions to common and unusual HVAC issues that you may be experiencing. You can be ensured an excellent and reliable service if you commission professional help to help you deal with home air conditioning issues.
High levels of particulate matter in your home, toxic molds, and other volatile organic compounds affect your home’s indoor air quality. There are also certain factors that only a trained eye can locate or address. Apart from this, service providers may help ensure that your HVAC system is also well-maintained and monitored. An efficient air conditioning system can provide you with comfort, good health, and high indoor air quality standards.
One of the things that you can expect from HVAC contractors is the utilization of indoor air quality products such as air filters, dehumidifiers, UV air purifiers, humidifiers, among others. These products help the family breathe easier thanks to cleaner, healthier air.
Importance of Indoor Air Quality
There might be quick ways to improve South Florida’s indoor air quality but note that there are no shortcuts. Look for the root cause, especially when your family or the building occupants start to experience health issues.
If there are mold growths, try to keep humidity in check. When dust mites abound, When your air conditioning system is the reason for the accumulation of dust and allergens, work it out. If it breaks down, it can be both expensive and frustrating. That is why it is crucial to hire excellent home air conditioning services that will yield outstanding results.